Athlone Town Fc Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Athlone Town Fc Fans Forum

All about the bit of blue!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Not long until the Champions first pre season game away to Longford. 7th of February in City Calling Stadium

loi player moves to scotland

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mintyblue
Starting 11
Starting 11
mintyblue

loi player moves to scotland Empty
PostSubject: loi player moves to scotland   loi player moves to scotland EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:25 am

Dundee United have confirmed that former Sligo Rovers midfielder Richie Ryan has signed a two and a half year contract with the Club. Richie will join up with his new teammates in January.

The 26 year old, who started his professional career at Sunderland has experience in English and European football and joins the Club from Sligo Rovers where he was Club Captain last season. Richie was also the 2010 PFAI Player of the Year.

Manager Peter Houston said "Richie is a different type of midfielder to those already at the Club. He is more of a sitting, defensive player who is strong in the tackle and can pass the ball. He is left footed as well which adds to the balance of our midfield. Having played well in excess of 40 games this season for Sligo, he will now head home for a well earned break before returning to training with us in late December with a view to making an impact on our squad in January."

Richie Ryan said "I'm over the moon, it's nice to know my future is here at Tannadice for at least the next couple of years and I'm looking forward to the challenge ahead. With the number of Irish lads already at the Club, it'll be a little bit easier for me to settle in. The Irish lads who are here have done well and I know I can bring something to the squad here. I am looking forward to joining up with my teammates in December."
Back to top Go down

loi player moves to scotland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Athlone Town Fc Fans Forum :: League Of Ireland-
Jump to: