Athlone Town Fc Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Athlone Town Fc Fans Forum

All about the bit of blue!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Not long until the Champions first pre season game away to Longford. 7th of February in City Calling Stadium

new ceo for atfc

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mintyblue
Starting 11
Starting 11
mintyblue

new ceo for atfc Empty
PostSubject: new ceo for atfc   new ceo for atfc EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:48 pm

John O’Sullivan appointed CEO

By Chris on April 11, 2012

Athlone Town FC are delighted to announce the appointment of Mr. John O Sullivan as the clubs first Chief Executive Officer. A native of Kerry, John lives in Cashel Co. Tipperary and is a founder member of FORAS, the group who successfully took over ownership of Cork City FC, and is a former Chairman of Cork City.

Speaking about the appointment John Croughan, Athlone Town Chairman said “We are delighted with this appointment and we look forward to John commencing his employment as CEO. His track record is second to none both professionally from his former role in the healthcare industry, and from his experience of taking Cork City from near extinction to the healthy club that it is today”

Speaking about the interview process Croughan said “I would also like to thank all the applicants for the position and it is very encouraging to see the level of interest there was in the position. I would also like to thank the interview panel for making the recommendation of John which the club committee have ratified”

A full interview with John O Sullivan will take place when he commences his appointment on May 1st.
Back to top Go down
Since1887
Reserves
Reserves

new ceo for atfc Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ceo for atfc   new ceo for atfc EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:36 am

Quote :
O'Sullivan appointed Athlone Town CEO

Athlone Town have announced the appointment of Mr. John O'Sullivan as the club's first Chief Executive Officer. John is no stranger to the League of Ireland having been a founder member of FORAS, the supporter based group that successfully took ownership of Cork City FC. He is also a former chairman of the club.

Speaking exclusively to Extratime.ie, John explained how the appointment to the role of Athlone Town CEO came about.

"I was made redundant late last year and I guess I took it as an opportunity to look at where I was going. I looked over my career and realised that the time I spent in football over recent years was what I found most rewarding so when the opportunity came to work full time in football came, I jumped at it.

Full story at extratime.ie.
Back to top Go down

new ceo for atfc
Page 1 of 1