Athlone Town Fc Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Athlone Town Fc Fans Forum

All about the bit of blue!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Not long until the Champions first pre season game away to Longford. 7th of February in City Calling Stadium

Transfers In's and Out's

Go down 
+9
limsgoingup
The captain
Sky Blue & Black
LimFC
bigkid@theback
davyd
Gusty
mintyblue
ATFC-1887
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ATFC-1887
Admin
Admin
ATFC-1887

Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Confirmed on Mark McGoldricks Twitter that he has signed for us
Back to top Go down
https://towntalk.forumotion.com
The captain
Bench
Bench

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Great news we badly needed another option up front Smile
Back to top Go down
nigeharp

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:52 am

Mark McGoldrick is an awful awful player. Played up with us at Harps last season and was thoroughly depressing to watch just how lazy he is. Came up with huge promise from Sligo fans, and turned out to be the worst signing of the year...and we had a bad year for signings.
That said, don't wish anything bad on the lad, and hope it works out for him.
Back to top Go down
Rovers

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:28 am

Maybe it was the team he was playing with. Attacking players need supply, But thanks for that, you should have no problem getting 3 points in Athlone so,
Back to top Go down
ATFC-1887
Admin
Admin
ATFC-1887

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:00 am

Iv heard some good things about the lad.
Hopefully it works out. Supposed to be getting a left back and a centre mid from Sligo to?
Any idea who that may be Rovers??
Back to top Go down
rovers

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:02 am

The only left back is Jake Dykes hes the son of the ass ass manager, only 16, and wounld nt be good enough yet, Dont know of any centre mid player, But I believe you have Barry O Mahoney A good player who will work hard all over the pitch, And McGoldrick is a good player, Hes was capt of u18 u21 and Res team a couple of years ago and scored a lot of goals,Found it hard to break into the first team, But its a good first team,Id say he will need a few games to get going.
Back to top Go down
ATFC-1887
Admin
Admin
ATFC-1887

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:42 am

Athlone are also in ongoing talks with Sligo Rovers over the possibility of loaning two or three players, thought to be a striker(McGoldrick), a midfielder and left-back, while Neil Harney is also expected to sign for his hometown club on-loan, from Bohemians, very shortly.
Thats from the local paper
Back to top Go down
mintyblue
Starting 11
Starting 11
mintyblue

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:27 am

anything more on harney? was linked with a comeback several times but never materialised, how did molloy play in birdshit park?
Back to top Go down
ATFC-1887
Admin
Admin
ATFC-1887

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Harney is signing/signed. told me himself
Back to top Go down
mintyblue
Starting 11
Starting 11
mintyblue

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:28 am

Admin wrote:
Harney is signing/signed. told me himself
good stuff Laughing him and macgoldrick are loan signings, shane dunne from mons has signed and aussies brother sean might be signing too
Back to top Go down
ATFC-1887
Admin
Admin
ATFC-1887

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:29 pm

Im sure we're gonna be linked with alot of players this pre-season. So let the rumour mill begin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mintyblue
Starting 11
Starting 11
mintyblue

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:41 am

deckie mulligan is coming back and micky o conner as assistants
Back to top Go down
mintyblue
Starting 11
Starting 11
mintyblue

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:26 am

val feeney gone to limerick!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ATFC-1887
Admin
Admin
ATFC-1887

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:02 am

silly boy. wont get near a look in down there. should of stayed and developed with us. oh well
Back to top Go down
mintyblue
Starting 11
Starting 11
mintyblue

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 8:43 am

players to have agreed terms so fAR=
lee dixon(bray), ryan coombes(loan-st pats),kevin farragher(loan-st pats)' paul skinner and barry clancy and philly gorman(shelbourne), owen humphries(?), aidan collins(longford), niall lanigan (st pats), some of last yrs squad expected to remain also
Back to top Go down
ATFC-1887
Admin
Admin
ATFC-1887

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:53 am

We have signed former Scunthorpe and as far as i know Shelbourne and Bohemians midfielder Marc Hughes. Quality signing.
Back to top Go down
LOI Stats
Bench
Bench
LOI Stats

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:52 am

Hi lads, back again.

Cleaning up the squad pages on Soccerway before the season starts up again.

Here's the Athlone page.

More or less done, just have one thing I need to clear up. I can't remove Jordan Marchment from the club without a d.o.b.... I would just delete him but he was an unused sub in that LC game v Drogs last season. Is he a keeper? I assumed so as none of the others on the bench were but can't be sure. FAI don't put stats for league cup games online and therefore no player profile for this lad.

Any help appreciated. Small country like Ireland with a lot of common names it causes confusion sometimes not to have a d.o.b., when a lad pops up again in the future, even if I've never heard that surname before...

Will be keeping tabs on appearance stats, goals and cards in both divisions the same as last year.

All the best.

Last edited by LOI Stats on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mintyblue
Starting 11
Starting 11
mintyblue

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 5:48 am

i never heard of him to be honest!!!you sure he was with us?
Back to top Go down
LOI Stats
Bench
Bench
LOI Stats

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:34 pm

mintyblue wrote:
i never heard of him to be honest!!!you sure he was with us?

Morning folks. I meant to say JORDAN Marchement.

He was on the official list that the media officer posted on the club site at the end of last Feb.

See here.

He never played but was an unused sub in the 5-2 League Cup loss v Drogs at home.

See here.

Extratime reckons he was part of the u19 squad but I'm not sure of that tbh.
Back to top Go down
ATFC-1887
Admin
Admin
ATFC-1887

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:03 pm

His name is Jordan Marshment not Marchement. Dunno how to club got that one mixed up but yeh. He played for the under 19s.
I know he signed up for the 2012/2013 under 19 campaign but not sure if hes still around. . But all i know is hes a local. Dont know his D.O.B.
http://www.athlonetownfc.ie/?p=4508 His name is shown here from a youth game last year
Back to top Go down
LOI Stats
Bench
Bench
LOI Stats

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 pm

ATFC-1887 wrote:
His name is Jordan Marshment not Marchement.
I figured it might be a misspelling but I never tried Marshment. Thanks a million for that.

ATFC-1887 wrote:
But all i know is hes a local. Dont know his D.O.B.
I found his d.o.b. in the FAI database. Cheers.

He was only 16 when he sat on the bench that time. Here's the page if anyone is interested. Jesus... LOI players born in the 2000s are creeping up on us lads! I feel about 90.

http://int.soccerway.com/players/jordan-marchment/236092/

I know his name is spelled wrong in the address, but it's what is on the page that matters.
I still don't know his position. I would guess he's a keeper as there was no keeper among the other subs on the bench with him, but I need more than that.

Thanks a million for clearing up the dob thing anyway. That was the most important thing.

Best of luck for 2013, I'm sure you'll have an interesting season one way or another with Mr. Collins around!
Back to top Go down
ATFC-1887
Admin
Admin
ATFC-1887

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:41 pm

hes not a keeper anyways ill try find out where he plays for you
Back to top Go down
LOI Stats
Bench
Bench
LOI Stats

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:59 pm

ATFC-1887 wrote:
hes not a keeper anyways ill try find out where he plays for you

Cheers.

Roddy all done or is he still looking at a couple of more faces?
Back to top Go down
ATFC-1887
Admin
Admin
ATFC-1887

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:15 am

He's after signing Niall scullion back after appearing to release him. Other than that I'd imagine he's nearly done
Back to top Go down
LOI Stats
Bench
Bench
LOI Stats

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:08 am

ATFC-1887 wrote:
He's after signing Niall scullion back after appearing to release him. Other than that I'd imagine he's nearly done

Cheers, added.

I wouldn't know a whole lot about many of the players in the squad but you seem quite a bit short of depth. Under 19s being finished up already might not be ideal either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfers In's and Out's   Transfers In's and Out's - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfers In's and Out's
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Athlone Town Fc Fans Forum :: Town Talk-
Jump to: